Friday, March 26, 2010

March Meal Madness!



After Wednesday, I had low hopes that going out to dinner work with Banner on a Friday night would work at this stage in the game. This was the last night that Kristen's parents where going to be in town and we wanted to take them out for dinner as a thanks. Realistically, we figured that a "curbside" dinner would be more likely. Kristen and I have never really been in the habit of eating out much because we are such skinflints, but I could see how "curbside" could be a parents dream, second to delivery I guess.

All that to say that we were hoping to feed Banner, jump in the car, have her sleep in her seat at Outback (a Matthews favorite) and head home. Unbelievably...it worked. Not that I did not have faith in our little lady, but evenings around dinner had been a bit unpredictable. She was so peaceful all through dinner sitting next to me that I rewarded her with a blooming onion to go.

Okay, not really, but I was wondering if we could get away with one of those "kids eat free" meals for her yet. Is there a minimum age on those? Obviously, she is not eating solid food yet, but the hostess asked if we needed a kids menu and if we needed a high chair too. I think that until you have to attempt to raise a kid it is all so amorphous to you as to the timelines on everything.

Well the meal hit the spot and we made it back home in time to watch the Elite Eight take shape. I will be honest that I am not happy with the fact that Tennessee is still in the tourney. Vanderbilt beat them both times this season! My friend Julia was back in Nashville last month and got Banner a pink Vandy onesie...or as guys like to call them a "shirt with snaps". I had hoped to have her rocking it in the Final Four, but that was admittedly wishful thinking.



You might notice that some of these are from the hospital, but rest assured we are still home. I just wanted to share some more...

2 comments:

  1. skinflints? hah! Nice wordage - love it! So fun to see the little lady yesterdee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for outback! Those picture are so beautiful! Though she will hate you later that there are nekked pictures of her on the internet :)

    ReplyDelete