Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Favorite Side

I am bummed that it has been so long since I last sent an update. Anyway, we had a massive snowstorm last night here in Boulder. Before I went home I could not resist picking up a Free Cone at Ben and Jerry's for Banner. Since it was snowing like mad, I talked them into giving me two scoops at once since she is a growing girl. (I am not sure why free cone day was so early this year...usually it is around Earth Day in April) Unfortunately for BV, by the time I made it home they were gone.

The family is doing well. We are just trying to adjust to the wacky hunger/sleep patterns and now gaseous build up patterns. Sleep has been decent for me, but more intermittent for Kristen.

This is a picture of Banner all swaddled up and on her side. A favorite calming position of hers that we learned from 'The Happiest Baby on the Block'. She has been getting out for several day trips and frequent walks. I thought about bringing her out to help shovel snow last night and this morning. You have to get these kids helping out early these days I hear. She did help we sweep the carport the other day when it was nice out. All this by means of our favorite new Moby Wrap. I will try to send pictures of them soon.

Kristen's parents (you can call them Al... and Pam) have been with us since last week. They has been helping out especially with meals and dishes and the like. Thanks to everyone that signed up to bring or send us meals! That has been great. We have not gotten to the spanikopita (thanks Patty) due to some picky eaters...but we did polish off the veggie lasagna (thanks Kyla, and your dish is washed and clean)

I just got the update that Banner has been very good today and has actually been awake for awhile. She probably is jones-ing to go sledding at Scott Carpenter Park with all the new snow. At least a foot here! That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment