Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall things


Banner has had an exciting few weeks! Jared and I went to San Francisco to celebrate our 5th anniversary (it's actually not until the 29th...) and Grandma Matthews came to take care of Banner during our absence. We were gone 4 days and Banner did great! -at least that's what my mom told us :) Grandma and Banner enjoyed their time together, and Jared and I enjoyed our time together - though we were all happy to reunite. Here are some photos of it all, as well as some of Banner helping pick out a pumpkin.

Banner and Grandma had a lot of reading time. Banner loves this peekaboo book!

Best buddies! Banner was a little suspicious of mom at first, but she warmed up and by the end of the trip they were old friends.


Banner is playing with her personal pumpkin. It has a good handle for holding on to. Also a hanger which is, apparently, also very fun. Other favorite toys include the newspaper, boxes, and our cell phones.



Meanwhile...
Me with Alcatraz in the background.


Driving down the Pacific Coast Highway. We had to stop and touch the Pacific Ocean (brrr!). Beautiful though.
Golden Gate Bridge
Jared doing the obligatory trolley photo. We actually loved riding the trolley. It was one of our favorite things. That and the food.

Banner wondering what she is sitting on.
Banner carefully surveying this year's pumpkin crop. We couldn't get her to look up for any of these: too bright.

2 comments:

  1. So great! I love the pumpkin sitting on e- that made me laugh. I'm so glad you got to go to CA- wow! I've always wanted to go. I hope you had a great time reconnecting together- what a fun date!. Well, I sure do love you both and I'm so glad to see more pictures. They warm my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.

    ReplyDelete